App translation and localisation
Effective app and Help file translation and localisation can significantly increase your user base – whether it’s on iOS, built with .NET Core, Angular or any other framework we can translate your strings to the ISO 17100:2015 standard.
Regardless of the language your software is built in or which framework it uses, we can translate and localise any text-based file to help your app reach a larger audience. We can help with l18n of the text-based files such as JSON, XML, YAML and CSV.
Not only do we focus on quality translations, we understand your requirements such as keeping escape characters in the translation and keeping strings within a specific character set and encoding.
Some examples of common translation scenarios:
- Have you developed an iOS, iPadOS, tvOS or watchOS app? We can help translate .string and XLIFFs
- String translation for your Android app regardless of how you’re serving them to your end users
- .NET Resource File translation for your .NET/.NET Core applications
- We can also translate your XLIFF exports from XCode, WPML or other tools.
Software documentation & Help files
When your app has been localised its documentation should be too. No matter the format we can help you localise your software documentation and Help files.
And it’s not just text-based documentation where we can support your localisation and translation needs. For example we can also assist with translating keyboard shortcuts and referenced on-screen items.
For your end users:
- We support all Windows Help files – Microsoft Compiled HTML Help, WinHelp and Microsoft Help 2
- HTML, XML, RTF or another text-based file – we can help you localise and translate them, ready for your Help authoring tool or deployment
- If you are using a Help authoring tool such as Adobe RoboHelp or DocBook we can help localise your technical documentation.
For your development:
- Need to localise your API documentation? Whether it’s been produced by JavaDoc, phpDocumentor, by hand or any other tool, we can make sure your API documentation is translated accurately and ready for developers to use
- Do you offer a REST API produced by Postman, ASP.NET, Swagger or some other tool? We can help translate your documentation, so your APIs are ready to be consumed by developers in any language.
Discuss your project with one of our Project Managers today
Here's a small sample of reviews from our many satisfied customers:
Tom Walters, The Dairy Agency
The team at AST Language Services were great at responding to our request and coming back to us with the options available in a timely manner. Our translation project was completed quickly and was correct first time - resulting in a happy client at the end of the job. I would recommend AST Language Services to businesses looking for a diligent and friendly team to partner with on any future translation projects.
Janet Cordner, Jackson Reece
The team at AST Language Services are extremely efficient at delivering accurate translation of a wide range of languages. I urgently needed translation of Spanish, Arabic and Canadian French text for a project. Highly recommend AST Language Services. Professional and fabulous to work with!
Daryl Willett, Sirenum
Professional, Responsive and Friendly. I recently worked with AST and they were quick to respond & offered competitive rates vs. other companies. I picked AST as we shared similar visions with regards to work ethics, company policies and being able to meet the deadline. I was extremely impressed with the translation and surprised that they were able to deliver such a large project in a short space of time, ensuring that I meet my deadlines.
I would strongly recommend using AST - they use native speaker translators which helps when trying to understand your audience and is just a pleasant experience. You won't regret working with them.