AST Language Services Ltd is committed to protecting your data and privacy. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, Data Protection, complying with the Data Protection Act 1998. AST Language Services complies to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 28th May 2018.
The following identifies the lawful grounds in processing data. Following this we confirm how we use your data and how we keep your data safe. We have also provided a Complaints process if you think there is a problem with the way we work.
Lawful grounds for processing data
– We obtain consent of the data subject with regard to ‘Opt-in’
– We will process data for the performance or entering into a contract with the data subject
– We will process data where necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
– We will process data where necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person
– We will process data where necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
– We will process data where necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests except where overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject
We take into account the following in relation to legitimate interest:
– The nature of the interests (such as the reasonable expectations of the individual)
– The impact of processing
– Any safeguards which are or could be put in place
How we use your data If you have contacted our company direct in regard to Recruitment; or a new Prospect requesting a quotation via our website; or a Client who is emailing direct for either a new quote or to proceed with a job, we will only use the data we collect about you with your consent for the legitimate interests specified. We will keep this information securely on file. At the time of the communication we will provide information relating to our services. For marketing purposes, we will ask your permission for your email address (opt-in) to be included on our emailing database as a method of keeping in touch. We will only contact you if we believe that the information we send will be of legitimate interest to your business and where we have an appropriate relationship (i.e. client, prospects etc). We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our regular mailings to you. Every mailing will include full instructions on how to cancel the service. If you do cancel the service, you may continue to receive communication for a short period of time while your unsubscribe request is being processed.
How we keep your data secure We will never disclose personal information about you to any third party, other than to process an enquiry, without first receiving your permission or unless we are under a legal obligation to do so. We will not pass on your personal details to any third party without your permission. We may supply aggregate statistics about our customers and the translation industry, but these statistics will not contain any information about you from which you could be identified.
Complaints If you think that there is a problem with the way we are handling your data you have a right to complain to the ICO (www.ico.org.uk). If we receive a complaint of a personal data breach we will notify the ICO direct within 72hrs.
If you wish to have access to your data we will respond within 30 days.
Data Protection Reference Number: ZA545649