Translation Memory & Term Managementfor cost savings and greater consistency
Cost savings and greater consistency
Important or client-facing documents produced periodically often contain a mixture of sections which stay the same and sections which need updating. Similarly company websites, technical manuals or HR documentation can contain identical paragraphs and sections which only need to be translated once.
AST uses the benefits of translation memory technology to identify duplicate text or text that has been previously translated.
How does translation memory work?
At the start of larger or on-going projects AST will carry out an analysis of your documents to tell you how much text is duplicated or has been previously translated.
- Duplicate sentences are charged in full only once
- Company wordings for products, processes, titles and descriptions are translated consistently
- Turnaround times are reduced as translators do not have to re-translate every duplicate sentence or paragraph
- Significant cost savings are possible depending on the amount of duplicate text across the relevant documents
Translation memory solutions we work with:
- Trados Studio
- Across Language Server
- Transit NXT
- and other well known applications
Confidentiality and security
Maintaining client confidentiality is a central priority within all our client relationships. Translation memories are always client-specific and are never shared between different clients. As with all our client data they are securely stored, maintained and regularly backed up on our servers. To request a copy of our confidentiality policy contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The words you use to describe your products, services and processes support your corporate brand and identity in your market-place. This is equally true in your foreign-language communications.
However, once you start translating your key terms into one or more foreign languages, it is very easy to lose control of the foreign-language terms used, leading at best to inconsistency, and at worst to potentially serious misunderstandings.
We can manage your foreign-language terminology for you:
- We maintain updated client glossaries in multiple languages
- Glossaries are re-used and added to each time we do a new document translation
- Terminology is checked by industry experts
- Time savings gained as a result of efficient terminology management can save you money
- Client glossaries can be linked to our translation memory software, which then flags your approved terms to help orient our translators
Terminology tools we use include:
- Trados Multiterm
- Across crossTerm
- DejaVu Termbase
- Transit Term Star
Document translation and business English writingour BlueChip EnglishTM service
Premium quality translation, editing and business writing services in UK and US English for global financial and technology companies. This service was developed for our “Blue Chip” financial and technology clients in non English-speaking markets.
Foreign language business documents are translated into premium quality UK or US English in a 3-stage process.
Find out more
Get a Translation Quote