Legal & Patent Translations
Contracts, court rulings and legal opinions have to be legally water-tight whatever language they are written in. This requires special legal as well as linguistic expertise, which is why the majority of our legal translators have a legal qualification in addition to their professional translator credentials.
We provide legal translations to law firms, solicitors and patent & trade mark attorneys.
Typical legal document translations include:
- Powers of Attorney for use overseas
- Certifying copies of passport as true copies
- Certifying documents for opening bank accounts
- Adoption documents
- Buying and selling of property abroad
- Change of name declarations
- Confirmation of single status to marry abroad
- Affidavits for lost passports and share certificates
- Authentication of documents for foreign courts
- Setting up of companies abroad
- Authentication of contracts
- Assignment of Intellectual Property Rights
- Preparation & Notarising of wills
- Translation of patent claims and descriptions
- Translation of patent litigation
We have also developed an extremely competitive translation & notarisation service for individuals and organisations requiring notarisation of translated official documents. For single documents or small batches of documents we charge a fixed fee of £100 + VAT.
Translation Memory and Terminology Managementfor cost savings and greater consistency
The words you use to describe your products, services and processes support your corporate brand and identity in your market-place. This is equally important in your foreign-language communications.
Let AST manage your foreign-language terminology for you by setting up glossaries which ensure consistent, reliable translation and significant time and cost savings.
Find out more
Get a Translation Quote